Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Weekend with John

John was here last weekend to play in the snow. It was a very fun and active weekend! We were both lucky enough to have Martin Luther King Jr. Day off so it was a nice, relaxing three day weekend. :) Here are some photos for you to enjoy!

This is John snow shoeing.

The scenery was beautiful! I love all the snow! I just wish is wasn't so cold!

We hiked out to the Bog which was frozen over so walked out on it. John thought is would be funny to push me over. Ha ha not funny! This is me stuck in the snow asking for help. I look pretty helpless.

When we finally hiked to the middle of the Bog we got to the beaver lodge. This is a picture of the hole at the top that lets the air in and out like a chimney. It's so cool to see the crystals in the snow that form form the heat coming out from the warmth of the beavers.
When John and I went x-country skiing I got to show him the porcupines. This is the first one. Can you find him? They spend all winter up in the pine tree. He's so cute!

This is John looking all naturalist like and checking out the little guy with the binoculars. :)
I had to get my payback on John for pushing me in the snow. He wasn't too happy with me. Sorry buddy:)
The trails were just so pretty with all the powdery snow!
This is the other porcupine. He was my favorite. We got to see him pretty close (but my camera sucks) and watch him move from the branch to the trunk. They are the best!
We had a great time hanging out and checking out the trails. Thanks John for coming! It was great weekend!

















1 comment:

  1. oh you two are too cute! What a fun weekend!! I would love to come and visit... but I think I will wait till it gets warmer... :)

    ReplyDelete