Thursday, October 7, 2010

Skinning the deer

Yes yes... it is true, I helped skin a deer. It is now one more thing I can add to my list of things I have done. :) We got the deer from the DNR. Our heating guy hit it with his car on the way into work. We made venison stew and venison ribs so far. Jerky is on the way. :) So now I can saw that I've eaten road kill.

We took part. Fabi and Charlotte gutted it, Casey and Kalle butchered it, and Caitlin and I skinned it. It's was full staff endeavor. :)


This is my hand with deer blood on it. I think the deer was warmer than my hands. Mine look a little cold. :)

This is Caitlin with the hooves. I think she's going to nail the tendon to a board and make them into coat hooks. :) hehe silly Caitlin.

This is the butchering team. They did great and Casey was a great and patient teacher!


No comments:

Post a Comment