Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Overnight Camping on Little Boy Lake 10/10

I'm now finally getting more resent postings! Yeah! I'm done catching up!

This past weekend a few girls and I went for an overnight camping trip. It was so fun! The weather was just so nice and it was really great to take full advantage of it!
Here's what we did in one sentence. I'll let the pictures tell the rest. :)
We went out of Big Deep Lake, canoed down Little Boy River, fished in Blind Lake, and camped in Little Boy Lake.


I was in a canoe with Kalle. We had to go over 4 beaver dams through out the river. It was was quite the comedic show. :) Kalle got a good taste of Minnesota canoeing. She was a great sport!
This is the other canoe team, Emily and Caitlin. They did great too but I think they stole pointers from us. :) hehe You can see two of the beaver dams in this picture. Those beavers are quite the builders!
This was our first fish and practically first cast in Blind lake! It was a great fishing day!
Emily caught probably the biggest fish I've ever sign caught. It was huge!
Emily was quite proud of her large mouth bass! :)
Here's another Emily catch!
This picture is great! Emily and Caitlin caught one at the same time but you can tell who's was bigger. :) Emily's such a fisherwoman!
Finally Caitlin redeemed herself. :) Good job!
Here's my fish! This was my first caught with my new lure from Kathy and Daryl. Thanks guys! It worked great! I caught to 2 keepers and 2 to throw back. It was so fun!
Here's our set up. It was great! It's a small DP site.
Here is our dinner, the keepers. Even though the bass was huge, when they get to a certain size they just aren't good to eat. We filleted them and fried them. They were tasty, but note to self for next time, bring an egg. :)

I took this picture to show how close we were to the water. It was sweet! Also we used my tent! Yeah!
Our site was SO pretty! In the middle of the night were heard awesome barred owls calling right outside our tent. They were so loud but is was SO awesome! They sound like "who cooks for you, who cooks for you all?" :)
It was a chilly morning but not as chilly as it should have been for October. The sunrise was beautiful!
This is a great shot of the lake with the mist over the water.
After breakfast we packed up and started heading back. We were one less canoe so I duffed in the middle and took pictures. :) The reflection in the water is so perfect in this one.
Here is our trusty stern Caitlin. Nice job! I think she's saying, "The sun is too bright but I know I should smile."

This is the bow paddler, Emily.
And this is my favorite picture of the weekend! It speaks for itself! I hope everyone is enjoying this weather! We are so lucky! They say that this time last year we had 2 inches of snow!

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS Sharon!! How much fun - hope you are staying warm!!! Great to see you at the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete